I, Rebecca La Marre (“Rebecca”, “me”, “my” or “I”) respects the privacy of my customers and others who use the Services (collectively or individually, “you” or “customer”). I want you to know and understand how I collect, use, and disclose personal information from and about you. By using and interacting with the Site and/or Services and/or purchasing products through the Site, you represent and warrant that you have read, understand, accept, and consent to the practices set out in this Policy.
This Policy describes:
• How I collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of my customers and Service users.
• The types of information I may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit and/or access the Services.
• My practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
I will only use your personal information in accordance with this Policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. I take steps to ensure that the personal information that I collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
What is Personal Information?
Privacy laws in Canada generally define "personal information" as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
This Policy applies to information that I collect, use, or disclose about you:
• Through the Services.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
• When you interact with my advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
This Policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
• I collect offline or through any other means, including on any third-party website;
• You provide to or is collected by any third party through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible through my Services.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand my policies and practices for collecting, processing, and storing your personal information. If you do not agree with my policies and practices, your choice is not to use my Services and/or access the SIte. This Policy may change from time to time (see Changes and Updates to This Policy).
2. Information I collect about you
I collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
• Personal information, that I can reasonably use to identify you directly or indirectly, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect to the Internet, billing, and any other identifier I may use to contact you (“personal information”). I provide an opportunity for any customer to unsubscribe from communications or opt-out of contact for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of my e-mails, or by contacting me at the contact information provided below.
• Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but I may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, I may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature of the Services.
• Technical information, including browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access my Services, and usage details.
• Non-personal details about your interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from my Services (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to contact me.
3. How I collect information about you
I use different methods to collect your information, including through:
• Direct interactions with you when you provide it to me, for example, by filling in forms, or corresponding with me by phone, email, or otherwise.
• Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through my Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, my business partners. Information You Provide to Rebecca La Marre The information I collect directly from you on or through my Services may include:
• Information that you provide by requesting products and/or services.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact me.
Information I Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
• Details of your visits to my Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
I may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). To learn more or to opt-out of tailored advertising please visit https://youradchoices.ca/en/tools for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on the Services and how I respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information I collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information and I may maintain it or associate it with personal information I collect in other ways that you provide to me or receive from third parties. It helps me to improve my Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling me to:
• Estimate my audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing me to customize my Services according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to my Services. The technologies I use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of my Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on my Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How I Use and Disclose Your Information.
• Web Beacons. Pages of my Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit me, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Services statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Services content and verifying system and server integrity).
I do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For more information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How I Use and Disclose Your Information.
4. How I use the information that I collect
I use the personal information that I collect for a variety of purposes, including:
• to respond to your questions or requests concerning the Services, or other services provided by me and/or my partners;
• to fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with me;
• to fulfill your requests for my Services and your orders for products or otherwise complete a transaction with you;
• to manage your participation in surveys, contests, or promotions;
• to send you information about my Services, the status of any orders, and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including newsletters, updates, or other communications;
• to authenticate billing and identification information;
• to deliver confirmations, service-related announcements, and similar operational communications;
• to improve or personalize your user experience;
• to improve the quality of my products and services;
• to protect my rights and interests;
• to analyze how visitors use and interact with the Services;
• to learn about users’ demographics, interests, and behavior;
• to provide you with advertising that I believe suits your interests;
• to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements;
• to manage my business; and/or
• for any other purpose with your consent.
5. Disclosure of your information
I may disclose aggregated information about my customers and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
I may disclose personal information that I collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
• to my affiliates;
• in accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of my assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by me about my customers and users is among the assets transferred;
• to advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. I do not disclose data about identifiable individuals to my advertisers, but I may provide them with aggregate information about my users (for example, I may inform them that 400 women between 30 and 45 have clicked on their advertisement on a specific day). I may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers target a specific audience (for example, men in a specific location). I may make use of the personal information I have collected from you to enable Rebecca La Marre to display my advertisers' advertisement to that target audience;
• to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. I contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which I disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How I Use and Disclose Your Information;
• to contractors, service providers, and other third parties I use to support my business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist me with Services improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which I disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this Policy;
• for any other purpose disclosed by me when you provide the information; and/or
• with your consent.
I may also disclose your personal information:
• to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law;
• To enforce or apply my terms of service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
• If I believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of myself, my customers, or others.
6. Transferring your personal information
I may transfer personal information that I collect or that you provide as described in this Policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties I use to support my business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist me with Services improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which I disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this Policy.
I may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. However, whenever I engage a service provider, I require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this Policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation. By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Services, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
7. Choices about how I use and disclose your information
I strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to me. I have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers from Rebecca La Marre. If you have opted in to receive certain emails from me, but no longer wish to have your email address used by me to promote my own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending me an email stating your request to the contact information provided below. If I have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link I have included in the email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to me as part of a product purchase, product service experience, or other transactions.
• Targeted Advertising. If you do not want me to use information that I collect or that you provide to me to deliver advertisements according to my advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt out. For information about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website. The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer, you may set your browser to block cookies.
8. Data security
The security of your personal information is very important to me. I use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. I store all information you provide to me behind firewalls on secure servers. Any payment transactions and any financial information will be processed by third-party payment processors who use SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although I do my best to protect your personal information, I cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted while using the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. I am not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
9. Data retention
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, I will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which I collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances I may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. I reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you.
10. Accessing and correcting your personal information
It is important that the personal information I hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep me informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that I hold about you.
I may request specific information from you to help me confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that I hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require me to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that I hold about you, or I may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with my record retention obligations and practices. If I cannot provide you with access to your personal information, I will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
I will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include information:
• protected by solicitor-client privilege;
• that is part of a formal dispute resolution process;
• that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information; and/or
• that is prohibitively expensive to provide. If you are concerned about my response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact me at the contact information set out below.
11. Withdrawing your consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact me at the contact information set out below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, I may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. I will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
12. Rights of European Economic Area residents
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to Canada and to the processing of your data globally. By providing your personal information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
Residents of the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) can exercise certain data rights available to them under applicable data protection laws. I will comply with requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable laws. Please note that in some circumstances, I may need to keep processing your personal information for certain legitimate interest or to comply with legal obligations. If these rights apply, to you, they may permit you to request that I:
• obtain access to or a copy of certain personal information I hold about you;
• prevent the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling);
• update personal information that is out of date or incorrect;
• delete certain personal information I hold about you;
• restrict the way that I process and disclose personal information about you;
• transfer your personal information to a third-party provider of services; and
• revoke consent that you previously provided for the processing of your personal information.
Where such rights apply, I will comply with requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable laws. I may request you provide me with information necessary to confirm your identity (such as date of birth, IP address, and email address) before responding to your request.
If you want to update personal information which is out of date or incorrect, restrict the way that I process and disclose specific personal information about you or object to the processing of your personal information, then please submit your request by emailing me at the contact information provided below.
13. Rights of California residents
In addition to the rights in the Policy, California residents who provide personal information to obtain products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from me, once a calendar year, information about the personal information I shared, if any, with other businesses for marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which I shared such personal information for the prior calendar year (ie: requests made in the current year will receive information about the prior year). To obtain this information, please contact me at the contact information provided below.
Any requests to exercise your rights can be directed to me at the contact details provided in this Policy. Please note that I may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Your request must provide sufficient information that allows me to verify that you are the person you are claiming to be or that you are the authorized representative of such person. You must include sufficient details to allow me to properly understand the request and respond to it. I cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information unless I first verify your identity or authority to make such a request and confirm that the personal information relates to you.
14. Children’s privacy
I take special precautions to comply with applicable laws regarding children’s advertising and privacy. The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and I will never knowingly collect personal information or other information from anyone it knows to be under the age of 13. If you think I have done this, please let me know.
For residents of the EEA and residents where the processing of personal information is based on consent, I will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection laws. If I learn that I are engaged in that processing with such users, I will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove that information from my records.
15. Changes and updates to this policy
I may change this Policy from time to time. Laws, regulations, and industry standards evolve, which may make those changes necessary, or I may make changes to my business. I will post the changes to this page and encourage you to review my Policy to stay informed. Your continued use of the Services after posting such changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. If I make changes that materially alter your privacy rights, I will provide additional notice. If you disagree with the changes to this Policy, you should contact me at the contact information below.
16. Contact information
I am responsible for personal information under my control and am accountable for this Policy and applicable Canadian and other privacy and data protection laws. For any questions, comments or suggestions regarding this Policy or my personal information protection practices not discussed in this Policy, you can contact me by email, telephone, or regular mail at the coordinates below. You can submit complaints to me if you think that I am not meeting my obligations with respect to the protection of personal information. I will investigate such complaints and, if they are justified, will take appropriate measures to correct the situation. If you are not satisfied with this internal review of your complaint, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Rebecca La Marre
1016 Avenue B North
Saskatoon, SK, S7L 1E9